Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Panettone: Update

So I guess I know what I'm going to use my Williams-Sonoma gift card on: a Kitchen-Aid mixer, professional version. I left alone the mixer kneading the dough, and all of a sudden heard a crash. Ugh. What was that? I walked back into the kitchen, and saw the mixer sideways on the floor, along with my coffee maker, coffee splashed all over the floor and on all of my cupboards. I guess the mixer mixed itself off the counter. I think the coffee maker is okay, though. Hmm. I couldn't get the dough hook back into its slot, and the release thing was loose and wobbly. Not good. I briefly contemplated mixing it by hand, but then transferred it to the Cuisinart. That worked well enough, until the dough got looped into the mechanism. OK, by hand, I guess.
The panettone is now in the oven. I hope it will not end up like a brick.

No comments: