Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Failed Panettone Transformed into Apple Bread Pudding


So I rebaked the failed panettone, and most of it is cooked now. The flavor of it was right, but obviously, it didn't turn out right. But instead of throwing it away, I'm going to use the fully cooked parts in place of raisin bread in a raisin-apple bread pudding. I'm pretty sure that will turn out good--I mean, I've made it several times, and it's pretty difficult to screw up. Cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, spicy bread, and apples--it sounds delicious already. You can get the original recipe for Apple Raisin Bread Pudding on Epicurious.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: