Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Cena

On my birthday, I decided to go to A Cena for dinner before the party. It's housed in the former Assaggio spot in Sellwood (I loved Assaggio, RIP), and is another Italian place with house-made pasta. We all started off with Negronis, naturally, and then moved on to a salad composed of beets, goat cheese, and capers. Delicious, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of it until after it was gone, and it was gone in a hurry. So here's a photo of an empty plate.
Next up was a corn and mascarpone stuffed agnolotti, accented with butter-poached lobster. Can you say decadent? I think you can.
Next up was a whole trout with polenta and lamb with gnocchi, roasted radicchio, and huckleberry agro dolce. Everything was perfect.
For dessert, we ordered an apple tart and espressos. I could have sworn I took a picture of it, but I guess not. Sorry about my faulty reporting, but it's been a week (Is that all? It seems a lot longer than that.) Anyway, I was quite impressed with everything, and plan on going back.



Here's the vital info:
A Cena
7742 SE 13th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97202
(503) 206-3291

No comments: