Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Best Thanksgiving Ever

I experienced my first authentic Thanksgiving this year. It was the real deal: lots of people, football, champagne, wine, many hands in the kitchen, coziness, activities afterward. It was so much fun!

My parents bought and stuffed the turkey, and brought it over for us to roast.


We have a big kitchen, but we managed to cover every surface with cooking accoutrement, food, mess. It hasn't been this big of a disaster since we first moved in and were trying to organize our stuff.

Liz, and Joe's controversial cream-laden scalloped potatoes.


The turkey was a success!


Scenes from our dinner.







Guest List:
Liz
Joe
Bruno
Me
My Parents
Bruno's Mom and Sister

Menu:
Roast Turkey
Mushroom Olive Stuffing
Apple Fennel Stuffing
Gravy
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Scalloped Potatoes
Ginger Cranberry Sauce
Green Bean Casserole (from scratch)
Baby Greens and Arugula Salad with Gorgonzola and Sweet Potato Croutons
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Baklava

No comments: