Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Sunday, July 8, 2007

My Latest Crop

Again, I must apologize. I've been on vacation; I haven't forgotten about my blog. Also, it's been compounded with the fact that I just haven't been doing anything blog-worthy lately. But I digress.

What you're looking at is not the result of my latest trip to the grocery story, but rather the bounty from my garden. Yup, broccoli and peas are ready now. I was quite impressed with how the broccoli turned out. Cauliflower was ready too, but looked weird--definitely sub-par--and not at all photo-worthy. In addition, my tomatoes are starting to flower, which means that the actual tomato should start growing soon. Also all of my zucchini and squash have blossoms as well. Yay! Everything is growing as it should. I should have taken pictures of the progress, as it all looks much different and much more lush than in the Home-Grown Dinner Party posting. I have my neighbor to thank for their health--he watered and even weeded (!!) my garden while I was on vacation. Maybe next time I will take some update pictures.

Sorry, that wasn't too exciting, but my next posting will include more gardening photos, as well as the results of my attempt at baking my aunt Ann's date cake. Dates aren't usually my top choice in the dessert department, but her cake was wonderful!

Until next time,

Laura

No comments: