Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hello From New York

No No, I haven't forgotten about my blog. I'm on vacation. When I return, you will be showered with reports of a cute little Italian restaurant named Paprika, a tiny cafe called Brown Cafe, my Brooklyn non-BLT adventure, and (drumroll, please!) Anthony Bourdain's restaurant. If I am a lucky type of person, he will be there to autograph my book, but as I am generally not a lucky type of person, I will probably just have a very nice dinner. That sounds fine to me. Also, I have taken a million pictures, so the select few will appear in the next entry. Yes, that's right, hold on with bated breath. So I will return with a new and exciting entry in a few days. Please don't forget about me, I haven't forgotten about any of you. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're having a good time in NY. I have some tomato plants for you when you come back (Because I'm sure you don't have enough.)

Oh, and some onion starts :)