Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I was Right About Doughnuts!



An alert reader (Liz Gadden) brought this blog to my attention: NYC DONUT REPORT!!

Apparently, there is a blog dedicated to doughnut research for the New York City area, including Brooklyn. It's been online for approximately two months, and includes helpful reviews, as well as a "Donut Finder" for New York City. Definitely a helpful resource for any NYC visits.

Also definitely confirms my prediction that doughnuts are the Next Big Thing. Unfortunately, Portland doesn't have enough doughnut outlets yet to base an entire blog around....

1 comment:

Michelle Lasley said...

Super! Next time in NYC I will know where to find a Paczki, too bad I don't know here in Portland... finding more doughnuts in Portland could be quite the admirable mission...