Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pie Party!


In belated celebration of her graduation, Bruno's roommate Bri threw a pie party over the weekend. The entire dinner was composed of pies. I was a bit skeptical, envisioning fifteen apple pies for dinner, but it turned out fantastic; I might want to throw a pie party of my own sometime. Surprisingly, there were more savory pies than sweet, and almost all of the pies were delicious. There was even a contest: best savory, best sweet, best presentation, and most creative. I won best sweet pie, yay!
Here are some pics:
Best savory, a quiche:
Best sweet, my very own pie:Best presentation, a strawberry pizza pie:
Most creative, a vegan apple-coffee pie:My personal favorite:
And here are the rest, I enjoyed them all:Special thanks to Brian Mazzola, for letting me use his camera and emailing the results so promptly. I forgot to bring mine.

3 comments:

Bri said...

Laura! Thanks so much for attending the pie party. Your entry was so very delicious, I wonder if you'd consider sharing with me the recipe?

xoxo,
bri

Laura said...

Bri,
I will post the recipe some time this weekend.

Thanks again!

Sunny said...

Wow. What a cool idea!