Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Vandelay Industries Festivus 2007

So the office Christmas party was tonight, and it appeared to be a complete success. As planned, it was at Noble Rot, and as also as planned, there was a gift exchange. I finally decided on "Seinfeld" as the theme for the gift exchange, as it is something that everyone knows at least a little bit about. It's a cultural icon, really.
But I digress. Our appetizers were garbanzo bean fritters and Noble Rot's famous onion tart. Salad was a mesclun mix with apples, cheese, and sunflower seeds. Sorry, no photos of those.
On to dinner. Everyone had a choice of chicken with black lentils:
Or steak with polenta and brussel sprouts:













The most popular choice was lamb with fried potatoes:

Between dinner and dessert, it was time for the gift exchange. Four people were missing, so initially I was afraid the exchange would no longer work out. Fortunately, I was wrong.
Kramer's lollipop, anyone?

















I'm sorry sir, this book has been redlined:





















Pez?





















Teazone for Ahman, and Jeremy got the cash.














Eden will be double-dipping.




















Oh, Mr. Pitt!













Uh, Teazone again.















NO SOUP FOR YOU!














You stopped off for Jujyfruits?


















Excuse me, could spare a square? No! I don't have a square to spare!

















Please help us! My goldfish might die!














Prognosis: NEGATIVE (times three)





























It looked like everyone had a good time. Definitely more laughs than past years.





























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Maximillian Boii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maximillian Boii said...

Yes, that's me, Photoshopped in.