Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wine Country Tour/Tasting

So this is a request for help from my readers. I want to get my friend a certificate for a wine tour and tasting for his birthday, but I'm not really sure where to start. I've looked online, and found lots of tour groups, but which ones are good? I have no idea.


I'm thinking of the area around Dundee, Newberg, Lafayette. I drove through there yesterday, and every other sign was advertising various wineries. Plus, I saw several vans driving through the area for specifically that purpose. It's very pretty there, and seems like a fun and creative birthday gift.
So my task for you, dear readers, is to provide me with information and tips on your experience doing this, good wineries to visit, and tour companies to select. Please help!! I would appreciate it very much. Please post comments with any insight you have in the matter. Thanks!!
Just to make this posting more interesting, I'm including wine-related photos from my trip to Italy last year. Cin Cin!





No comments: