Welcome to Kitchen Kat!

I love writing. I love food. Those are two interests that have stayed constant throughout my life. So why not combine the two? Perfect! Trying out different food is like almost like traveling; you get to experience different smells, tastes, and atmospheres. It brings a bit of the culture to you, even if you didn't leave your home. This blog explores Portland restaurants (plus any notable ones I encounter on vacation), recipes that worked out exceptionally for me, plus any other epicurean delights that come my way. Put any reservations aside, now it's time to chow down on some food for thought....

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Midnight Potato Salad and 10:30 p.m. Pesto

Well, not actually midnight potato salad but probably 11:30 at least. Whatever time it was, I was tired, but I had accomplished what I need to. So, again, I'm exhausted. We had a logistical gathering tonight for Hood to Coast at Old Town Pizza (recommended--fun place--reminds me of high school), and since it started at 6:00, I thought I would be home in plenty of time to relax, study, etc. But no. Most people didn't show up until at least 6:30, and then there was schmoozing, blah blah blah. So I didn't leave until after 8:00. But the pizza was good, and free, and really the people there were very nice.
But I digress. The point is the food, right? So after getting home and having my second meltdown in 2 days, I'm ready to blog.

First of all, the first photo is of the potato salad discussed in my previous blog. It turned out well, tasted good, wore me out, and I'm glad that it's done. The photos immediately above show just the tip of the iceberg that is the mess formerly known as my living room. It is covered with groceries. I think that is contributing to my mental drain. What is depicted below is my bursting refrigerator.

It seemed like too much to deal with this morning, so I went to Ken's for breakfast. But that's actually okay, because I LOVE going to Ken's for breakfast. So that really wasn't a hardship. It's my favorite bakery in the whole world. And, I promise, that when I have enough time, I will write a full review of Ken's Artisan Bakery. Really, I swear. But everything is under control. I've finished doing everything, including making the last of the pesto tonight.

I feel very accomplished being in charge of all this stuff, but it really wears me out. I will post another blog or two in this series, depicting the culmination of all my efforts Saturday at the beach, unless I forget my camera. But considering I look like this lately,


I think it will be a good thing when I have time to relax again. I'm not exactly glowing and stunning (well, perhaps stunningly bad) at the moment. I need my beauty sleep.

Goodnight.

No comments: